Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Discount

Switched-on

Hi Team,

I recently renewed my AGL energy plan, over the phone, with Janice on 23rd January and was offered an increase from 6% to 16% for a pay on time discount. I agreed believing this was very generous offer. I have a terminal illness and am now on a Disability Income. Unfortunately, my wife will have to finish work this year to become my full-time carer, so every dollar is very important to our household. I can supply a copy of my Motor Neuron Disease diagnosis if required.

After speaking to some friends over the weekend, I have learned that they were offered a 28% discount, after a competitor offered a 26% discount? I believe this is for direct debit payments.

We have been with AGL for nearly 27% years and have never wished to change providers, nor do we wish to. Are you able to afford us the same 28% discount?

Many thanks,

John

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Discount

AGL Moderator

Hey John,

Thank you for your post!

I can absolutely appreciate the importance of saving money given your situation, and I'd love to see what I can do to help. I've sent you through a private message to chat about things further.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Thanks Jayden

Switched-on

Hi,

I also got the connection from you 6 months ago and you offered me 12% discount on direct debit and on time payment. Recently you guys increase this discount up to 28%!! So is not it unfair for a current customer with the lower discount than a new one?

AGL Moderator

Hi Ripon,

Thank you for your post!

Any percentage discounts that you see advertised are available to existing customers, as well as new customers. We'd like to apologise if we have given you any impression otherwise! If you'd like to take us up on a better offer that you've seen advertised, you can do so by simply logging into your AGL online account here, or by getting in touch with our web chat team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Tags (1)