Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Disapproving gas readings

Semiconductor

I changed my Gas bill to AGL looking to consolidate my bills with Electricity.

I was taken by surprise the first time my Gas bill came through with AGL with a total billing of $310 as usually with Origin I always received $70-85 bills for the last two years. In mind that household situations have no changed at all, the change in gas usage readings is highly unreasonable.

I had an agent contact me about my bills and told me that the readings are "actual readings" not estimates, etc. I tried reaching AGL again with no re-assurance.

I have been billed 2 quarters of ridiculous gas bills (3 people household). Seeking resolution from AGL.

Just as a point of reference for other community members, after reading the other discussion threads re: gas meter readings and crazy bills, it seems like if no resolution is reached within the week contacting Ombudsman is the next step.

EDIT Reading more on other people's threads. I have figured out what AGL has done wrong. They have wrongly assumed that my meter requires a multiplier adjustment of x10. Doing the maths, without this x10 multiplier the bill would be reasonable. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Disapproving gas readings

AGL Moderator

Hi artist,

Thank you for joining the AGL Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've had these issues with your gas bills since coming on board as a gas customer. We would love for you to get in touch with us so that we can take a closer look at your gas account! Please send me a private message with your account details and a current photograph of your meter(s) if possible and we'll help where we can. A copy of your bill from your previous retailer covering the same periods last year would also be very helpful!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi Jayden,

I have sent your team an email <Reference: ARTISTA - Gas fees wrongly charged>

Thanks

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Still waiting on reply from the AGL team... 

Highlighted

Switched-on

good luck. seriously!

I had to fight tooth and nail with AGL to get Jemena to come out and confirm I had a faulty meter that needed replacing. They did nothing to help and I even recall one employee who refused to let me speak to a manager as she barked at how meters work.

Took Jemena a few seconds after 2 years of fighting with AGL to assess it and deem it to be faulty and need replacing. 

One year on and I am about to start the process again. Apparently as a single person living alone, I use 11 times more gas than families in my area.