Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Debit Order Mess Up

Switched-on
Good Day

On Friday the 12th of February and amount of $630.44 was taken off my bank account by AGL , the arrangement I had in place is $100.00, in one debit order my bank account was overdrawn , and I have debit orders bouncing , we were also left absolutely penniless.

Saturday morning I phoned AGL , was put through to resolutions where they assured me a refund would be issued , and should be in our bank by Tuesday 16th , that was fine I was happy with that. Then on Tuesday I noticed there was no refund, phoned agl again , was told the refund had been done and should be in the bank , checked the bank , wasn't overly concerned thinking it would show later .

Wednesday morning , I have an appointment in Jimboomba , with Mike Wood a psychologist , I have been waiting 6 weeks for this appointment , my son passed away in South Africa on the 22 November and I have been struggling to deal with his death .

There is still no money in my account , I phone AGL again , only to be told this time that the refund will be processed on Friday , I become extremely upset , this is seriously upsetting news , and phone my husband who comes home to make sure im okay , he then phones AGL , he also gets told the refund should be in the bank , by someone called “Luke ? “ , we check the bank , and then phone them , no refund on its way , He then speaks to someone else who tells him the refund will be processed Friday .

Now 1.) How is the above considered even remotely acceptable in a 1st World Country ?
        2.)  My mental state is fragile , AGL is aware of this .
        3.) I have had to cancel my appointment , this can easily be verified by phoning , the next available appointment is the 15th March.
        4.) I want to know what is going to be done about it

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Debit Order Mess Up

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @carol,

We do sincerely apologise for your experience with us - we understand that we've let you down and we are doing our best to get this sorted for you ASAP. We have just tried contacting you via phone. When you get a moment, if you can return a call by phoning the number left via your voicemail we will be able to discuss the current status of your refund. Thanks.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

Switched-on

I spoke to Paul thank you Jeremy

Retired AGL Moderator

Great to hear @carol. Again we do apologise for your experience thus far. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there are any further issues with the refund or if you have any other queries or concerns - we'll be more than happy to help.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!