Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Daily Supply Charge

Switched-on

Good Morning,

I recently changed over to AGL with a discounted offer on Gas and Electricity from Origin. This is my first bill.

I note that the daily supply charge is $1.11 per day.  I was only paying $0.698 with Origin.  Therefor with AGL larger discount than Origin I am actually now paying more due to the High supply charge.  Going onto your website and looking at plans it is stated that AGL supply charge is 0.768 so I am unsure what is happening???

Could you take the time to explain to me?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Daily Supply Charge

AGL Moderator

Hi buzzbeat,

Thank you for your post!

Could you please confirm the page in which you've seen this supply charge of $0.768 listed?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Hi Jayden,

thanks for the reply

Please see my final Origin Bill.  40MJ use daily with a daily cost of $2.33 (includes 8% discount)

Please see my first AGL Bill.  35MJ use daily with a cost of $2.37 (includes 22% discount).

So in reality if you do the numbers AGL is actually costing me 10% more due to the higher cost of daily supply charge.  .69c Origin & $1.11 AGL.  The quoted below .768 was the amount quoted over the phone with AGL.

So the actual marketing of 22% discount is just that?

Also I signed up to receive 25,000 fly by bonus points and only received 10,000?

I tried emailing you my origin bill & Fly By offer but bounced back

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi buzzbeat,

Thank you for getting back to me!

I'd like to follow up on this further as it's crucial that our customers are provided with correct information over the phone. Please send me a private message with your AGL account number and email address so that I can take a closer look at this, and also follow up on your Flybuys points.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Can someone please explain. I am getting charged $3.28 as daily supply charge. It used to be under a dollar. Whats happening here?

Tags (1)
Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi JSOODAN, 

Thanks for being part of the AGL Community.

This does seem like a higher supply charge  than normal, it may have something to do with your meter type and tariff. To have this looked into further, please contact us here. You can also use AGL Messenger via the APP or My Account.

Kind Regards,

Jenna