Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Concession Enquiry

Switched-on

Hi,

My partner currently has an account with AGL for Electricity... few months ago i was sent a Pensioners Concession Card in mail from Centrelink. Just wondering would my partner need to change account holder to my name for the concession to work on future bills or can my name just be added to the account and still get the concession? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Concession Enquiry

Switched-on

^ i live in QLD too...

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Caz1

Thank you for reaching out to us about this matter.

As a holder of a Centrelink Pensioners Concession Card you would definitely be eligible for the QLD Electricity Concession. You can find out more about this here (just make sure you have 'QLD' in the top right-hand corner). However, this does mean that the bills would need to transfer into your partner's name rather than yours.

If you would like help applying this, our service team via webchat here would be happy to help.

I hope this answers your question 🙂

Kindly, Dave.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

I live in Victoria, and want to apply for the concession on bothe electricity and gas, how do I go about that process on line, thanks, David

AGL Moderator

Hey DavidTaylor,

Thanks for getting in touch!

To add your concession details online, you'll need to log in online (aglener.gy/LogIn) and click 'Manage Account' at the top of the page. From here, you will see a link to a Concessions page. However, as you may be eligible to have your concession benefits backdated, we'd recommend that you get in touch with our web chat team (aglener.gy/ChatCom) to have these details added!

Cheers,

Jayden.

Semiconductor

Thank you for your fast response.

However, the links you provide are not secureand my chrome browser does not want me to continue.

Semiconductor

On my current bill, I have an annual concession. I also have received my blue pensioner concession card. Do I get a better concession rate with the pensioner concession card? thanks

AGL Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, DavidTaylor!

Based on this, it sounds like you're already getting your concession benefits which is great! And just to clarify, the rebate you receive does not vary depending on the type of card that you hold.

Cheers,

Jayden.