Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Checks, balances and readings of solar & electricity consumption and lack of aSolar Command with AGL

Switched-on

Yep quite a large subject but I felt it necessary for full picture.

Can anyone supply me with the EKO 5000 DB Invertor manual with instructions on how to take readings. I rang AGL today and was told one was sent to my email account but nothing. I searched the internet nothing. Why is this so 'secretive'?

Why can't I get the AGL Solar Command? I was told that this comes with all new installations which I take includes all new installations in the regional areas. I am in Albury Wodonga, I am told I cannot get it for my AGL installed solar system simply because I am in Albury Wodonga? AGL website does say exclusions for Solar Command may apply, but why? Their only response was that they did not have a qualified Solar Command installer in the region, again why, they install their systems in regional areas, what is so special of adding Solar Command to an already AGL installed solar system?

Background:

My bill this quarter is over $746. AGL simply look at last year for comparisons and say it is in line (a bot below last year). My bill shows that for 4 people the average usage was 1,557kWh, for 5 people 2,250kWh, for mine 2,839kWh. There are only 2 of us, age retired, in our house. How can there be such a large difference? We only have one heater which is an small 200W Easy Home Convector Panel Heater. We had an open fire going 24/7 for 8 weeks. Our solar credit was only 270 kWh for THREE months? I also can't get any information on how much solar generated power I actually consumed,

So I can't get Solar Command? I can't get instructions on how to read my converter?  I can't get the solar powered consumption?, I had for the three months? Yet AGL can come up with my bill without giving me all the information?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Checks, balances and readings of solar & electricity consumption and lack of aSolar Command

AGL Moderator

Hi @eocme

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the delayed response. 

I am sorry to hear that it has been so difficult for you to get your hands on that Inverter manual! This is definitely something that our Solar Customer team would be able to assist with. You can contact them directly on 1800 356 363 (option 4, then 3). 

In terms of Solar Command, this service does not automatically come with your system installation. It is a separate monitoring service which costs $15 per month, with the first three months of usage deemed complimentary. You can find out more about this here. I hope you'll excuse any inconvenience, if this was not advised correctly. Nevertheless, an installer is required to come around to your property to fit the particular part to your system. Our team would love to get in contact with you about this, if you are still interested in the matter. If you would like me to pass your information through to them, please reply to this post to let me know.

Just to let you know, our Solar Command Check service is a free offering for all our solar customers. This service is much more basic than the aforementioned Solar Command, and is eligible based on available data, not by region. If you would like to find out more about the difference between these two offerings, you can read this article.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions, and please don't hesitate in reaching out if anything else comes up. Thank you for your help and patience with this matter.

Sincerely, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: Checks, balances and readings of solar & electricity consumption and lack of aSolar Command

Superconductor

It might help to google ypur inverter to assist with how to read your inverter  as to kw into grid etc. I have found agl very inaccurate with their meter reads. 

As for solar command , why should customershace to pay for monitoring service, seriously! Its not right.