Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Changes to electricity rates

Rookie

Dear AGL,

So let me get this straight, just over 3 months after starting my contract, you decide to almost double the rates you quoted initially without any reasonable explanation at all. We have not changed our meter and I do not believe there is any basis for the change you have made.

The reason we chose AGL was because they quoted reasonable rates and previous good customer service. We live in a small residential townhouse and it basically does not make sense. 

To simply send an email and believe it is sufficient notification for such a significant change is some of the most appalling customer service I have ever witnessed. I will be taking this case to the ombudsman and will be looking at other providers immediately.
2 REPLIES

Re: Changes to electricity rates

Hi MFini,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this change to our attention!

The changes that have been made to your rates certainly sound significant, and I'm very sorry that your time as an AGL customer has gotten off to such a disappointing start. We'd like to see what we can do to turn this around for you so please get in touch with us with your account details at CommunitySupport@agl.com.au if you'd like to chat further.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Re: Changes to electricity rates

Drop in

electricity suppliers are huge ripoffs and need continued scrutiny