Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Change from time of use to flat rate

Semiconductor

Can I switch from time of use to the flat rate with controlled load 1 without changing my meters in the Ausgrid network? I currently have digital meters.

i have been given different information depending on who I talk to at AGL.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Change from time of use to flat rate

AGL Moderator

Hi Trenta,

If you are currently being charged using a time of use tariff then you definitely have the option to revert back to a single rate tariff. If you continue having issues with this request, please send me a private message with your account details and I'll be happy to take a look at things!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

The final phone call I have received has told me that if I am within the Ausgrid network and on time of use, I will not be able to change back to single tariff. The lady on the phone said she had called Ausgrid.

I was also told that AGL will be applying the seasonal time of use times. If this is not correct, why not? And I will be changing providers if this is the case.

regards

Trent

Highlighted

Switched-on

Hello all,

Can you suggest what terminology I should use to request a change from TOU to single rate (or flat) tariff?

I have tried twice now, and all I seem to get happen is I'm put on the correctly 'named' plan (ie, essentials, savers, etc) but still on a time of use plan.

I also wish to convert from Controlled Load 2 to CL1, which I assume will be easy enough, but the TOU part, I seem to not be getting my meaning across.

Any suggestions ?

Thankyou  🙂

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi dob80z,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Could you please confirm your post code for me? Depending on where you reside, you may not have the option to revert back to a single-rate tariff.

Cheers,

Jayden

Highlighted

Switched-on

Thanks Jayden,

That was one of my concerns, that Ausgrid has removed the ability to go back. There is some information out there that suggests this, however, a colleague has managed to do it in January (same postcode).

Postcode is 2300.

Thankyou for your assistance  🙂

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi dob80z,

Thank you for getting back to me!

Unfortunately you're unable to revert back to a flat rate tariff in the Ausgrid region.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Highlighted

Switched-on

Ausgrid's website states that it should be a choice.

This is a clear rip-off of customers, almost doubling our peak rates.

https://www.ausgrid.com.au/Your-energy-use/Meters/Time-of-use-pricing

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Too right!! Unfortunately we are a minority otherwise I think there’d be an uproar about it.  I rang Ausgrid and they said AGL has the discretion to charge a flat rate. Will have to look at switching to a different retailer. 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hello Overit1, 

It sounds like there has been a bit of conflicting information regarding this. 

There are guidelines that need to be followed however we ultimately can look into putting you on a flat rate. Get in contact with us here and we can see what needs to happen. 

Thanks 

Ellen