Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Re: Change from time of use to flat rate

Semiconductor

Thanks for replying Ellen, however the link just takes me to the “contact us” page.  I have already contacted AGL numerous times to request a flat rate tariff. They kept sending a request to Ausgrid, to which they reply “the meter investigation could not be completed” However on my last phone call to AGL the person said the AGL staff were going about it the wrong way and he sent the request to the AGL back office. He said it may take 20 business days for a response, I can’t work out if AGL staff lack training or does AGL give it’s customers the run around and hope they finally give up and  accept the overpriced peak rates. Regards. 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi Overit1, 

Thank you for that context. We are not trying to give you the run around, tariff changes can be slightly complicated as we need to make sure everything is done perfectly to avoid future issues. By the sounds of it the last agent you spoke to may have been able to get some progress for you, if you would like to send me a private message I can follow up on this for you to save on the run around. 

Thanks 

Ellen

Highlighted

Switched-on

This is poor form from AGL. I'm a long term agl customer and have recently had solar panels installed with the hope of going on to the flat rate solar saver plan. I am currently on time of use tariff. When I enter my postcode on the agl website it says it is possible. When it came time to switch Im told, sorry its not possible on the Ausgrid network. How can you advertise something and then not back it up? I mentioned this in one of many phone calls to agl and was told the prices are just an indication and its mentioned in the fine print???? Not happy....

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi jas_t! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

The network tariffs are up to Ausgrid's discretion, as you have solar at your property, they won't approve for a single rate tariff. Depending on your usage, you also may be better off being on a time of use tariff as you're using the power during the peak period, your solar should be generating power for you. 

You'll be able to review your usage on your AGL My Account usage page to help you track your import and export charges. 

Kind regards, 

-Nam-

Highlighted

Switched-on

I recently got solar installed and signed up with AGL for the fixed rate plan left Energy Australia lady on the phone said it is a 12 month contract which I agreed to and now a few weeks into it suddenly changed my plan to a Time of use which I never agreed to it is absolutely appalling,  zero help from the so called AGL customer service reps one of them disconnected the call I don’t understand how you could just change the contract plan that you offer I will be calling the ombudsman, AGL is a total rip off merchant you more then doubled my peak rate......

2213 is my postcode 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hello StrASo, 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

I am sorry to hear your experience in the first few weeks of being an AGL customer have been so poor. 

It sounds like your meter defaulted to a time of use setting due to the solar which can happen with some distributors, without seeing your account specifically I am only making an assumption. 

If you would like my help with this, please click on "Ellen1" and send me a private message. 

Thank you 

Ellen