Accounts and Billing

Have a question about anything relating to an AGL account, product or service? Search for answers here or start a discussion.

Highlighted
Drop in

Cannot Download App on Android

Dear All,

First post so be kind please. I have just got my new digital smartmeter with mobile data today. The installer has left me a brochure that tells me that I can now access data on the go. The only problem is that when I go to install the "AGL Energy" app I receive a message that says "This item is not available to install in your country". I have never encountered this before and it is occuring on both my devices which are a Samsung S7 Edge (purchased from Samsung Australia with a Telstra SIM) and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (purchased from Telstra with a Telstra SIM). I am very keen to look at the "live" data. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES
Solution

Re: Cannot Download App on Android

Hey @Erebus

Sounds odd indeed. We've requested some information from our app team, but in the meantime, are you connected to any sort of VPN when you're attempting to download the app by any chance?

Insider

Hi Erebus,

I am in SA and have Samsung current model and had no trouble installing the app, only difference is I am with Vodafone, I'm wondering, dumb as it may seem, have you chosen the correct app? Did it come up with the blue AGL logo? There is another app available called AGL mobile, long shot but you may have chosen that one.

Otherwise a moderator from here will spot your post and know much more than I as to other possible solutions, oops, seems Nathan beat me to it!!

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Drop in

Unfortunately I have laggy network here and accidently pressed the solved button instead of the reply button. To be clear this is not solved. In response to your question both devices are connected to the Telstra 4G network. No VPN.

Drop in

Hi BWSS, Still not solved. Thanks for the advice though. The only app that I can see on either device is the "AGL Energy App" with the AGL logo. Very frustrating.

Drop in

Dear moderators. Can you please change this back to "unsolved"? Unfortunately I pressed the wrong button.

Hey @Erebus

All good, we're still going to look into it for you, we're just waiting for our app team to take a look. I've done some quick testing and can't replicate your issue as the app seems to download fine on my end. Will report back once we hear anything new.

Drop in

Thank you Nathan. I really appreciate it. I think I have the latest Android OS on both devices.

No problem @Erebus - Something that I'd also recommend trying to is ensuring your country/region settings are configured corretly in your google play store - which you can find instructions via the play store site here

Follow the instructions, and if it still doesn't work, try clearing the cache and data from the Google play store.

After having a quick chat with our app team, they believe that once you've reconfigured the settings, it should work when you attempt to download again. Let us know how you go!

Drop in
Solution

Quick update to say that this is now solved. I was in the US in September October and my store settings still had the US address. I changed this back to my australian address but still could not download the app. I then purchased something from the store > &0 (with my aussie address) and sometime later found that I can now download the AGL app! Problem solved. Thanks for the support.