Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Cancelled 2 direct debits instead of 1

Switched-on

We currently have two properties under one electricity account with #agl - both were on bill-smoothing (direct debit). The builder is paying property 2's account for the moment, so I thought something as easy as cancelling one of the direct debits would be simple enough.... absolutely not!!!

#agl cancelled both direct debits over the phone (after specifically asking to make sure it was only property 1) and now they have slugged me with a ~$580 bill to pay immediately. They won't reinstate the direct debit or the bill-smoothing plan until this debt is cleared.

After being with #agl for at least 10 years, I'm a seriously pissed off customer that has to fork out this ridiculous amount of money plus a late fee of $25 for their stupid mistake.

Looks like I'm taking my business elsewhere. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Cancelled 2 direct debits instead of 1

AGL Moderator

Hey JulesRusz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

I'm sorry to hear that we've messed up what sounds like a fairly straight forward enquiry. If you'd like to send me a private message, including your AGL account number and email address, I'll be sure to help where I can!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Still no resolution to the issue. Paid the account in full by credit card and now switching suppliers after an electronic phone call saying to pay now or agl will either have the electricity disconnected and/or being put on a default list. Not happy!!! 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey JulesS,

I've just sent you a private message.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.