COVID-19 Electricity and Gas Network Relief Package

Bruz
Switched-on
1 Reply 2174 Views

During March 2020 Ausnet Services and Energy Networks Australia announced the "COVID-19 Electricity and Gas Network Relief Package" which was to give rebates for network charges to small business customers who were having stress and were mothballed due to COVID-19. This was to apply from 1 April to 30 June 2020. It was to be paid by end of September 2020 by retailers.

I am not able to find any information for this relief package on AGL pages.

I would like to know how AGL is implementing this and how one goes about applying for it.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Ellen1
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2148 Views

Hi Bruz! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

This is an automatic process, if you are deemed eligible due to a reduction in your usage, credits were automatically applied to your account. 

Thank you 

Ellen

Bruz
Switched-on
1 Reply 2112 Views

Hi Ellen1!

I understand the criteria were these:

• Small business customers who consume less than 40MWh or 400Gj per annum (2019)
  • Use less than 25% historical average consumption for the period 1 April to 30 June 2020

I am pretty sure we meet these criteria as we were effectively closed for the period.

Can you confirm these criteria and how one can get the decision reviewed if the criteria seem to be met?

Thanks Graham

-Nam-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2097 Views

Hi Graham! 

We can send a request to the relevant team to check if the network has your meter listed to receive the rebate, please Contact Us and we'll get that organised for you. 

Kind regards, 

-Nam-