Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Bills are higher that usual - Really Frustrated and wasting my time

Switched-on

My last bill was nearly higher than 7 times as usual. Normally it would be around $200. But this time it was $1499. I was following up with AGL for last 2 weeks. They said they will issue a new receipt. But I got the same receipt yesterday which was said that's newly issued receipt. When I had a call with AGL, they said "it might happened because of faulty meter and will ask Jemena to have a look on your meter as they are the gas provider". Till now no one comes and checks the meter. Just few days back I got a better deal from another provider. So agreed to switch to that provider (Note: Before switching had a call with AGL for better offer). After that only I got the shock bill of $1499. In that they mentioned Read Type is "Actual". But for last 1 year bill, Read Type was "Estimate". During last 2 weeks, I am getting a call from AGL to switch back to us for both Gas and Electricity. I thought of switching back to AGL if they provide best offer. Thank God, I was said if you resolve this billing issue, I might think about it.They said they already raised a case and provided reference number. 

Totally 2 cases raised. One is for high bill and another one is for wrong meter reading which is inside home. 

Reference number - 1556798977 (high bill)

Reference Number - 1557462683 (wrong meter reading)

Till now, I didn't get any update from AGL for those cases. Really frustrated with AGL and wasting my time. Will ask my whole friends group and relative circle to never use AGL. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Bills are higher that usual - Really Frustrated and wasting my time

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi PK1,

Thank you for your post and feedback!

It certainly sounds like you've had a very difficult time trying to get this issue resolved and I apologise that this has occurred.  

The reference numbers indicate that there would be a pending investigation and we try our best to get these closed as soon as possible for you. 

You can follow-up on these investigations via our service team on webchat here.

Kind regards, 

Le

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.