Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Billed to the wrong meter?

Switched-on

Hi All,

I moved to Australia in July, and took up a tenancy in early August. The agency suggested that I used "MyConnect" to get all of my utilities (something we don't have in the UK!). I took them up on their offer, and MyConnect called, with all other details provided to them via the agency.

Now, I have been asked by the landlord why she is being billed for the electricity. I showed her a bill (paid) dated from the beginning of the tenancy with AGL; she has since responded and said the our bills have different "NMI" numbers and meter numbers (hers starts with an A, mine with a B, if that makes any difference).

It seems that either AGL or MyConnect have used the wrong details and have been charging me for someone else's electricity. Meanwhile, the landlord is being billed by Energy Australia.

How do I get this resolved? I called AGL, but they couldn't understand the issue.

Thanks for any help.

Elliot.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Billed to the wrong meter?

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi elliot, 

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue!

It certainly sounds like there's been a mix up with the meter numbers provided by MyConnect. The important thing here is to ensure that you are being billed for the correct meter and to check at the site which meter number is supplying your property. 

Kind regards,

Le

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.