Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Bill shock

Switched-on

6 weeks ago I moved from a 6 bed house where I lived with 4 other adults and 2 children. We had 2 fridges ans a freezer. A pool and ducted air. My highest electricity bill was $1500 for a quarter. I now live in a house half the size with myself, my daughter and her 1 yr old. We have 1 fridge. Rarely use the oven and have no pool. . Just received a bill for 31 days at $677.00.  What's going on there? It says it's estimated and I'm wondering what theyve based the estimation on. I just can't afford that bill, it's bigger than my food bill. Any ideas what I should do?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bill shock

AGL Moderator

Hi @Corablake,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the terrible bill shock you must have had. 

This can often be the case with estimations, unfortunately. The good news is that we will be more than able to help you with this, if you're able to confirm the most recent meter read. (You can even do this yourself, by logging into our AGL app on your mobile phone!) Our service team will be able to help, you can reach them here.

I hope this helps to answer your question, but please reach out if anything else comes up.

Sincerely, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.