Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Bill estimate / Chat with us does not work

Conductor

Hi there, 

Since I opened my account in July all four bills I have received have been estimated readings. I only realised this now since you switched to the new email format. 

I have researched and found out that: “It is required under the Energy Retail Code that an actual reading be taken at least once every 12 months. This Code also requires that old-style meters must be read at least every three months for electricity and gas meters at least once every two.”

Can you please advise: 

• Why do I only receive estimates and never an actual reading?
  • When will I receive an actual reading?
  • How refunds work if your estimates have been incorrect? 

Also, related to my query, your chat with us function does not work, and you have no email contact address: https://www.agl.com.au/contact-us/billing-payments/bill-questions/no-topic

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bill estimate / Chat with us does not work

AGL Community Manager

Hi @thomasg1 

Thanks for asking the community. You'll receive an estimated bill when we don't receive an actual reading from your local energy distributor. There are a few reasons why this might be the case. For a good summary of the issue, check out Why do I receive estimated bills?

When estimates are incorrect, there's an automatic adjustment to your next bill when we next receive an actual reading - a credit if we estimated too high or a debit if we estimated too low. This is a routine part of the billing process, and you'll see this credit or debit listed on your bill.

A great way to avoid estimated bills is to send us your own meter read, either through your online My Account page, or through the AGL app: 

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.