Bill estimate / Chat with us does not work

thomasg1
Conductor
1 Reply 2525 Views

Hi there, 

Since I opened my account in July all four bills I have received have been estimated readings. I only realised this now since you switched to the new email format. 

I have researched and found out that: “It is required under the Energy Retail Code that an actual reading be taken at least once every 12 months. This Code also requires that old-style meters must be read at least every three months for electricity and gas meters at least once every two.”

Can you please advise: 

• Why do I only receive estimates and never an actual reading?
  • When will I receive an actual reading?
  • How refunds work if your estimates have been incorrect? 

Also, related to my query, your chat with us function does not work, and you have no email contact address: https://www.agl.com.au/contact-us/billing-payments/bill-questions/no-topic

1 REPLY 1
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2508 Views

Hi @thomasg1 

Thanks for asking the community. You'll receive an estimated bill when we don't receive an actual reading from your local energy distributor. There are a few reasons why this might be the case. For a good summary of the issue, check out Why do I receive estimated bills?

When estimates are incorrect, there's an automatic adjustment to your next bill when we next receive an actual reading - a credit if we estimated too high or a debit if we estimated too low. This is a routine part of the billing process, and you'll see this credit or debit listed on your bill.

A great way to avoid estimated bills is to send us your own meter read, either through your online My Account page, or through the AGL app: