Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

BILLING / USAGE ESTIMATES

Semiconductor

So - the other day I received my gas account - Sept to Dec. With the account I also received a piece of paper stating -  'We have credited your account following an overcharge on your bill'. Unfortunately there was no information or figures shown on this document. However, my bill showed an amount for New Charges which seems to be quite OK.

It also showed an amount for Balance brought forward. To date all previous accounts have been paid in accord with the bills received, paid by Direct Debit. Now it appears that I have been Under charged as my meter is not accessible & an estimate has to be calculated based on my previous history, I assume.

On ring the Customer Service line the operator couldn't explain the additional charges & I was passed on to the so called Resolutions department. The operator was very nice but was unable to shed any light on my account & couldn't give me any information or facts & figures on the 'outstanding' amount. No Resolution at all.

I only want to know why it is not possible to give me the details of an additional amount that I am expected to pay without telling me what it is that I am expected to pay for.

As an additional, side issue, my account showed a graph of my usage that showed a Mt Everest like spike in my usage for February(?) regardless of the fact that I only use gas for cooking - not every day & heating - IN WINTER!!

I never mind paying my bills as long as I know what i am paying for.

Annoyed Customer.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: BILLING / USAGE ESTIMATES

Powerhouse

Hi Don,

A possible solution/good idea is a service AGL have on offer, one I use every Wednesday. My gas meter is accessible to meter readers but I do my own read, take a photo each week of the reading which includes the meter number.

That read is then entered into the AGL IQ menu which allows me to enter a valid reading. This then gives an accurate picture of my usage, proof is never required but I have, just in case.

What I don't understand is how you managed to get a document that allowed for  credit on an overcharge, something must have triggered that by AGL.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @DON

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. To be able to best explain your billing, we will need to investigate your account. If you can please send us a private message with your account details, we can provide you with more information.

In the meantime, if there are access issues to your gas meter you can find more information about providing a customer own read to AGL here. If there are access instructions to your meter, please contact us and we can update the access instructions. These instructions would be provided to the gas distributor in your region.

Thanks! 

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Catherine,

My account details are - [removed sensitive account information]

Cheers,

Don Scott

Highlighted

Powerhouse

The problem always seems to be the moderator gives the customer the link to a private message but neglects to actually include the name associated with the moderator, hence perhaps why the customer simply gets frustrated and puts sensitive information on the platform, perhaps the moderator can assist the customer with a full and proper link to make life easier?

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @DON

I will send you a private message to confirm your account details. My apologies that my original message was not clear regarding who to message. 

@BWSS thanks for your feedback regarding how moderators request Community members contact us directly. We will endeavour to make these changes ASAP. 

Thanks!

Highlighted

Semiconductor

CatherineG - Still waiting for a private message.

Don Scott

Highlighted

Semiconductor

CatherineG - sorry just saw your messages.

Don Scott