Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Astronomical bills

Switched-on

For the past 9 years I have been connected with AGL. The power bills have always seemed unreasonable.

I've been paying $2500 to $3000 / year for electricity. 2 people have lived there over that time? The cost of electricity was a major factor in my recent separation from my ex partner. I was very conscious of how much power I used, I suspected she didn't care. So this became a sore point every few months when I had to pay a bill I had worked hard to reduce?

Post separation, I now have to sell my house that I have worked so hard to make a home. She left prior to the current billing period. I have since moved out as I can no longer afford the place. For this billing period, I lived there for a total of 13 days. My latest bill is $400? How on earth can one person that is very conscious of electricity consumption use that much power in 13 days? I use electricity for hot water and lighting. Heating was with a wood fire.

I would suspect my bill has been $400 over what it should be for the past 30 bills. That's about $12,000.

There is no other system in the world that can charge you on a meter that is 40 years old and uncalibrated. And then when in doubt, just make up a number. I will fight this to the end, I will not pay this bill and I will seek legal advice. AGL you are a bunch of crooks. I will never use you again and I will tell anybody to avoid them.

Has anybody else been through something similar?