Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Almost tripled gas bill!!

Switched-on

I recieved my latest gas bill today, which concerningly is almost 3 times the amount of my last bill.

What is also concerning is that this is the 4th gas bill I've recieved from AGL and this quater was the first and only time somebody has actually come and read the meter inside my apartment. How am I supposed to know whether my previous readings were accurate and therefor the start number on the reading is correct to be providing me with a bill of $367.88 (11999 MJ) versus $132.12 (2581.97 MJ) last quarter. There has been no change in circumstances and this is the charge for a small 2br apartment, especially after reading other peoples concerns on this message board $367.88 seems to be crazy in comparison. I have also noted on my latest bill that the "conversion factor" has gone from 0.47557 on my previous bill to 0.481496 on my current bill - what is the reason for this change?

How am I supposed to feel assured that this reading along with the last 3 readings are accurate representations of my usage when this is the first and only time my meter has been read. Can you please clarify how the previous readings were obtained, most importantly the "start read" on my latest bill. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Almost tripled gas bill!!

AGL Moderator

Hi amandap,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the unexpected billing. Is it possible that you have a basic meter that is only read every 3 months by the local electricity distribution company? This means that 2 out of 3 bills will be estimated based on the historical data that has been made available to us?  

It would be best to first of all check your meter to make sure that the actual read on your bill is in line with the current read. The meter read should now be above the actual read. 

You can submit a customer own read to us and you can find the instructions here. This read can be submitted up to 3 days prior to your bill date. 

To dive deeper into what might have happened in the past you might like to speak to our service team. You can talk to them right here: http://aglener.gy/fbme. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, 

Samjy