Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Account and billing

Newcomer

Would just like to touch base with someone about my last bill.

My AGL account is $0.00, and has been $0.00 for the last few weeks. Yet I received a letter in the mail today stating that I've been charged a small fee due to not paying my bill?

If someone could clear this up.. would really appreciate it.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Account and billing

AGL Moderator

Hi Dgroomy,

Welcome to the Community!

Can I ask you to please provide more details regarding this letter you've received? Is it a reminder letter for an overdue amount, or a letter stating that a direct debit was unsuccessful/dishonoured?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Newcomer

Hi Jaydeny,

I believe it was a direct debit that was unsuccessful/dishonored. I usually pay my bill in person, or via bpay. But this transaction was debit.

I have a receipt stating it was successful, I also know the funds are available.. but recieving the letter last night stating I've been charged a small fee was quite a shock.

If my bill is still overdue I'm happy to repay but I cant find anywhere that states my account is anything more than $0.00.

AGL Moderator

Thanks Dgroomy!

Can I ask if you did anything differently when making this payment? Did you attempt to make this payment through your AGL My Account at any stage?

Kind regards,

Jayden

Newcomer

Now you say that, I actually did Jayden.

I recieved a text message stating that my bill was due.. I usually wait untill I recieve the hard copy in the mail but was ontop of my bills so followed the link and paid via AGL My Account.

I suppose I'm just unsure whether to pay my bill again, or wait until my online account refreshes so I know I haven't doubled paid.. if that makes sense?

Cheers,

Dale.

AGL Moderator

Hi Dale,

This makes more sense!

When you logged into My Account to pay your bill, did you have sufficient funds in your account at this time? If not, this would explain why you've received this letter.

Cheers,

Jayden