Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Account Number instead of reference number

Rookie

I used account number when using bpay instead of reference number. Will it still register? 

5 REPLIES

Re: Account Number instead of reference number

AGL Moderator

Hi Jae2406,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Provided you've used your correct account number as your payment reference number, your payment will be allocated to your account without any issues!

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Rookie

I've done the exact same thing but I did it over the phone instead will that be OK aswell

AGL Moderator

Hi Johnttttt,

So long as you have used your correct account number as your reference number, then your payments will definitely be allocated to your account.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Re: ACCOUNT NO.

Rookie

Sir/Madam,

On 20th August at 11:15am I advised "Kris: by phone that I would be abroad from 24th September 2018 until 16th January 2019.

I did not authorise any changes to the billing procedures in place as my Brother was to collect my mail and pay Gas and Electricity accounts when they fell due.

At his been necessary for my to contact him by phone to ascertain that no AGL Accounts were posted thus the non payment.

Please forward these accounts when these will be settled.

Please confirm that this has been done, while your prompt attention to this matter would be appreciated and I thank you in anticipation

Yours faithfully

John

Re: ACCOUNT NO. 9018 8558

AGL Moderator

Dear John,

Thank you for joining the AGL Community!

We can not action account-based requests through the AGL Community I'm sorry to say. Our web chat team will be more than happy to help you with this who can be contacted here.

In the meantime, we've removed some of your private information from public view.

Kind regards,

Jayden