Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Re: AGLIQ not working for solar

Conductor

We have a Catch power fitted to our meter which heats our electric hot water directly from our solar panels and we are able to read solar information for free and also get our hot water at no charge

Transformer

Getting all your hot water from solar PV would be great outcome. I'd be interested to see how it goes in Winter. We have a 3 x flat plate solar hot water system that struggles in Winter. We just added direct solar boosting to it and hope to get through next Winter with no grid boosting.

So, the catch power has import/export data for the rest of the house, not just hot water?

Do you need to read it on the device or can you access it via a PC/internal meter?

Many inverters have good monitoring or you can get bolt on devices like wattwatchers (for a price) but I still find SolarIQ and the SAPN NMI portal useful. The more info the better.Smiley Happy

I'm just a community member happy to share my knowledge.
To help with account and billing questions where you need to share sensitive information (i.e. your account and personal details), please contact AGL via chat or private message a moderator.

Conductor

Our hot water on last bill for winter was .80 very happy with it as our water is always piping hot able to read catch information on computer iPad phone Also able to switch to off peak from devices if necessary (never had to do this since catch installation) also able to see on catch what solar is diverted, what solar output , what is being use to heat hot water and what the household load is in kw

Highlighted

Transformer

That is impressive.And you are also helping the grid by using solar during the day when there is plenty to spare.

If/when we move house, I would look at a heatpump hot water system and have it run during solar hours.

I'm just a community member happy to share my knowledge.
To help with account and billing questions where you need to share sensitive information (i.e. your account and personal details), please contact AGL via chat or private message a moderator.