Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

AGL was unable to disconnect my electricity?

Switched-on

Hi 

We moved out of our rental apartment on October 15 and arranged for electricity disconnection around the same time. Thought it was all good and done and we were just waiting on the bill....now I find out that AGL was unable to disconnect. What does that even mean??

So now we have a bill waiting to be paid that is from July to November...which is a month after we moved out. So now we are trying to find out what has happened and why. We need this fixed asap because if its stll connected we are being charged for someone else to use the electricity and have been charged since we moved out!! 

Its not our fault that AGL didnt disconnect because we put in all the forms and thought it was fine!! We dont want to pay for someone elses electricity!!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: AGL was unable to disconnect my electricity?

Powerhouse

Hi Dean,

I recall somewhere on the this site someone asked sort of the same question, the reply was that as long as you could prove when you moved out then AGL would only bill you for the time of your occupancy - I hope this helps and also hope what the reply was, was actually true.

I'm a great fan of the written word, no verbals so also hoping although I have never done a disconnection that it was done in writing, not just a verbal request?

Let us all know how it eventuated, moderators here I don't think work of an evening but when they read this post I'm sure they will ask you to private message them, give you  link to click on for the PM and they will ask for your account details to further investigate for you.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Powerhouse

Hi again,

This is the link I was looking for, hope it helps, it sort of is similiar to your problem.

https://community.agl.com.au/t5/Accounts-and-Billing/Account-name-change-responsibility/m-p/1034

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

AGL Moderator

Hi @deanmun1

Apologies for the billing issue. Send us a private message with some account details and we'll take a look at what's happened. If you could also attach evidence of the date you moved into your new property that would be extremely helpful too, thanks!

Highlighted

Switched-on

Agl so far have ignored my request to dissconnect my electricity. I have contacted them regarding disconnection twice and twice the indian guy assured me it was cued for disconnection. I sold my house and i have documents to prove when i moved out and i have called twice, yet i still dont have any notification of the disconnection. Agl are sending me notices of legal action regarding some 150 dollar bill, but cannot find the resources so far, to do my disconnection.

Highlighted

Switched-on

Anyway, if this comment is moderated out, I will be taking my detailed opinions of agl to other more lively and active australian forums like whirlpool of which i have been a member since 2002 Not impressed at all with AGL and not liking this fake forum either.

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @jackR,

Apologies for the lack of response here! Has your disconnection been sorted out? Can we help at all?