Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

AGL on line connections

Switched-on

I have been trying for 5 days to establish a password and have got nothing buy delays and mis-information. I get sent a link which ends up in a blank page . No satisfaction from experts ---  where do I go now  ?? 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: AGL on line connections

Charged Up

Same issue here. The entire on-line account system appears dodgy and amateurish and like you I can't get any aanswers. 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @1928

Apologies for the late response here. Have you received your password? If not, I can try and reset it manually for you and perhaps that will work. Let me know if I can assist further.

Highlighted

Switched-on

I went through the same thing.  I tried to use the link given in the "sign up for eBilling" leaflet they sent out and that was a dud.  Eventually I phoned and had someone do it for me.

My comment at the time was along the lines of "Perhaps the worst web site I've ever used."

Now, logging in is two separate web pages and that breaks password managers.  

Looks to me like the marketing department has control of the web sites and they are more concerned about how pretty it is, rather than how practical/useful it is.

Highlighted

Charged Up

Much the same comment I made. Doesn't appear to have been Beta tested and just gives an appallingly bad first impression

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @Talan2 and @PhilB,

I am so sorry to hear about the poor experience that you've been having with the website. You should be able to login to your accounts without any hiccups.

Recently, our team has updated the login page, to make it easier for our customers to access their account and the Community. We try to consider all aspects before making these changes, to account for any potential issues that may come about. Obviously, we weren't able to do that as smoothly as we hoped in this update. 

We are committed to providing quality service, and hope you'll forgive us for letting you down on this occasion. Your feedback plays a very important role in making sure this doesn't happen again, and we so appreciate you taking the time to let us know of these issues here. 

One of the issues that we found with this update, is with our customers that have unique email addresses. Eg. rather than '@gmail.com' or '@hotmail.com' it looks something like '@onlineshop.admin'. 

Unfortunately, some of our more technical customers were not able to access their accounts smoothly, because of this characterstic. Is this the issue that you have been experiencing?

Since releasing this update, however, our team has been able to identify most of these issues, and fix them at the same time. So you may have seen these fix themselves up, since first experiencing the fault. 

Of course, we are always here to help, and you can speak with our service team here.  

Cheers, 

Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Charged Up

My e-mail address is @bigpond.net.au. It's a Telstra address - ever heard of them? If you have a problem accomodating the biggest telco in Oz then you should chuck it in right now.

Highlighted

Charged Up

The issues in regards not being able to set a personal password AND being able to visually confirm correct Direct Debit details have been entered still remain

My initial poor impression of AGL has become something more like total disgust at an obviously amateurish organisation

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi again @Talan2,

Thank you for getting back to us about your email address!

With your Bigpond email (any for anyone else with one) there should be no issues at all right now. However, this may not have been the case when initially getting your password reset. If you are still unable to set a personal password, please let us know, and we will be able to help ASAP. You can also speak to us via chat here

Concerning your bank account used to set up your direct debit, you can definitely confirm this when logged in! However, this will only be the last four numbers of your account number - due to security guidelines.

To check it:

• log straight into your account here, and then select the 'MANAGE ACCOUNT' button at the top of the page, to the right of the 'USAGE' button.
  • From there, to see which bank accounts and bank cards you currently have registered to your profile, select 'My Wallet' on the left column. On this page, you will have the option to view your current payment methods (just the last four digits), delete any of them, and also add a new one.

[At the moment, you cannot edit a bank account or card number, only delete them. I will be sure to pass along your feedback, and hopefully this will be changed soon.]

• To amend the bank account set up with your gas/electricity, just select the 'Direct debit' on the left column, just above the 'My Wallet' button. 

Please let us know if you have any difficulty with this, and we'll be happy to lend a hand. We hope you're enjoying your weekend 🙂 

Cheers, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Charged Up

For what must be the tenth time now;

1. When I try to set a personal password all I get is a message stating