Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

AGL account was closed as requested

Switched-on

Hi,

I felt surprised when I received an mail that my account was closed as requested. I didn't talk any energy provider to switch my gas or contact AGL to close my account.

I am worried my personal information was leaked in AGL that anyone could change anything in my account. I still have gas now but I don't know who is my new retailer. Contacting AGL this morning and they confirmed the gas service was transferred to a new provided but they could not provide any details about who requested for this change nor information of my new retailer. All they could do is to reconnect my account. I refused as I need to understand what happen and who is gonna charged for the gap as this might impact on my credit score if bills have not been paid. I can't believe a switch is that easily happened in AGL and I would like to have it resolve ASAP. (Reference number of the call is 1560951938)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: AGL account was closed as requested

AGL Moderator

Hi MqPat.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here!

I'm sorry to hear that our customer service team have been unable to provide you with any answers here. if you'd like us to take a closer at this transfer, please send me a private message with your AGL account number and address and we'll be happy to help further.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Thanks Jayden,

It takes my a week to find out it is with Alinta. Not sure about the process of switching as they confirmed I am not the account owner but my meterID is linked. Could you please switch it back to AGL? Also, who is responsible for the usage in that period with Alinta? If the amount is small, it is fine but if not, I would be so frustrated as this is not my fault. I would be happy if there is any compensation for this issue.

Cheers,

MqPat

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi MqPat,

Thanks for getting back to me!

If Alinta have won over the rights to bill your meter in error, than we can reach out to them to have this transfer reversed. If you'd like to discuss this process or alternatives further, I encourage you to get in touch with our web chat team here.

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.