Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

AGL Reduced Pay on Time Discount without me knowing.. and now hide it

Conductor

Hey guys

Apparently AGL have reduced their pay on time discount. I was getting 44% off electricity and 30% off gas.
and now its apparently reduced to 28% electricity and 18% gas

Now I only found this out because I a moving out and wanted to transfer the utilities over to a tenant whos moving into my house so I found out by mistake

Now I asked why werent we notified? They apparently sent out notifications to but I cannot find anything on my e-mails or mail

And guess what on the actual bills they now hide the % number and just put down this:

We've worked out your discount for you and its $XX amount off your total

Now it used to say you have gotten 44% off your total bill

You wouldnt even notice this unless you pull your calculator out

Were people notified of this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: AGL Reduced Pay on Time Discount without me knowing.. and now hide it

AGL Moderator

Hey pat,

Welcome to the Community!

When a customers plan is coming up for expiry, we'll always send a new offer before the expiry date either by post or email, depending on your preferred contact method. If we don't hear back following this, the contract will rollover automatically to the new plan offered, as the alternative would be to take away a discount all together. The percentage value of the discount applicable to a specific bill will not appear on the front page, though it will clarified on the next bill after it is paid. However, if you pay using a direct debit, the percentage value of your discount for a particular bill will appear on the second page. 

I appreciate that this may not be the most transparent way to communicate this information, and we certainly don't expect customer to break out the calculators each time they get a bill! If you'd like to chat about any matters regarding your account specifically, you're welcome to get in touch with our web chat team (aglener.gy/ChatCom), or by messaging us on Facebook (/m.me/aglenergy).

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Conductor

@jayden wrote:

Hey pat,

Welcome to the Community!

When a customers plan is coming up for expiry, we'll always send a new offer before the expiry date either by post or email, depending on your preferred contact method. If we don't hear back following this, the contract will rollover automatically to the new plan offered, as the alternative would be to take away a discount all together. The percentage value of the discount applicable to a specific bill will not appear on the front page, though it will clarified on the next bill after it is paid. However, if you pay using a direct debit, the percentage value of your discount for a particular bill will appear on the second page. 

I appreciate that this may not be the most transparent way to communicate this information, and we certainly don't expect customer to break out the calculators each time they get a bill! If you'd like to chat about any matters regarding your account specifically, you're welcome to get in touch with our web chat team (aglener.gy/ChatCom), or by messaging us on Facebook (/m.me/aglenergy).

Kind regards,

Jayden.

1. I did not receive an e-mail ( as this is my preferred contact method)

2. Wow here's a new plan and its more expensive!

3. I dont pay by direct debit and do not see the discount % on the second page

Ill be shopping around for a new energy provider

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey Pat,

Thanks for your reply!

We're more than happy to follow up all three of these points through the means outline in my previous post, and provide greater transparency around these matters.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Highlighted

Conductor

hi Jayden!!

Maybe you can start by notifying your customers about the change

Myself and my partner both who are AGL customers on different accounts did not receive notification of the reduce discount but a bit late as you have already done that

Highlighted

Conductor

Still no reply regarding this..

Just received a electricity bill at my partners address and worked out her percentage discount and its 44%... Which what I was getting to for my address but your supervisor told me that everyone on this discount has been reduced to 33%. Seems like I am being lied to or you dont know yourselves what is going on.

And you keep saying you would of contacted me on my preferred contact method which is e-mail but I keep telling you I received no notifications

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey pat,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

As mentioned above, we will have to ask you to reach out via web chat or Facebook so that we can jump into your account and have a look at things. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Highlighted

Conductor

@jayden wrote:

Hey pat,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

As mentioned above, we will have to ask you to reach out via web chat or Facebook so that we can jump into your account and have a look at things. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

And I have messaged your through your facebook chat and still no reply 🙂