Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

AGL Metering Data Errors

Stellar

I am a retired electrical engineer and an early adopter of the AGL VPP. I maintain a database of daily consumption and solar production, sourcing data from the AGL website, SA Power Networks (SAPN) website, AGL Solar Command, Tesla and Fronius.

The AGL csv data from their website is used to drive the AGL phone app and is the basis from which AGL bills are created. The 11th column in this data is a “Quality Flag” and is normally “A” for actual read from my smart meter.

From 1st June 2017 until 13th September 2020, there have been 172,638 “A” flags, but since June 1st 2020, there have been 150 “U” flags (I don’t know what that stands for), and 144 “M” flags (missed read), meaning AGL is using corrupt data to generate our bill, and possibly yours.

SAPN have not flagged any doubtful readings since 8th February 2019. Their data agrees with the AGL data exactly, except for 1st June, 1st July and 1st September 2020.

I have been trying to get AGL to investigate this serious failure of their metering system for four months now, but to no avail. In order to see if this problem is possibly widespread, since AGL clearly don’t know, I would like to ask anyone who is interested to do one, or both, of the following:
1. Check the daily Usage data on your phone app, and see if you have any estimated values from 1st June 2020 onwards.

AGL_1.jpg
2. Download your usage data from the AGL website, and sort the data using the “Quality Flag” column, then “Sort & Filter” using “Sort Largest to Smallest”, to bring any non-A flags to the top.

AGL_2.jpg
Please let me know ASAP if you find either of these problems.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: AGL Metering Data Errors

AGL Moderator

Hi Richard,

Thanks for being part of the AGL Community.

We are sorry to hear that you haven't received a resolution for this issue yet. Unfortunately we are unable to assist via this public platform as we need your account details. I would recommend to contact us through AGL Messenger via the APP, or by logging into My Account.

Kind Regards,

Jenna