Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

$985 Monthly Bill - last ACTUAL read 1year and 3 months ago

Semiconductor

Last ACTUAL read was 1 year and 3 months ago - new bill $985 for ONE MONTH (Electricity)

I have been hit with a MONTHLY bill of $985.05 (and that INCLUDED a $50credit) - single mum with 2 kids has only ever paid a Max of $150 a month in the past.

Was offered a 'payment plan' - I was Shattered - so distressed & worried my next bill would be similar & I have no way of paying.

Was told the meter would be checked, but highly unlikely to be the issue.

Was told it was probably a faulty appliance so I sent an Emergency call to the Real Estate.

Stayed up till 2am checking over the bills and discovered MY LAST ACTUAL READ WAS 28-01-2017 (this read was 28/04/18).

We have the easiest meter to read.  No Fence, No Gate, No pets.

I am relieved that it's not an appliance, but now have to find out what my rights are when AGL has estimated for 1 year and 3 months. 

Also very upset that, out of the 4 people I have spoken to, I was led to believe the last Actual reading was October last year.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: bill

AGL Moderator

Hey Meg908,

Thank you for joining the Community!

It's very distressing to hear that your billing has left your family in such a difficult position and we'd like to take a look a things to see what we can to do help. Please send me a private message with your account details and we'll get back to you ASAP!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Re: $985 Monthly Bill - last ACTUAL read 1year and 3 months ago

Semiconductor

No this is not resolved & unfortunately this message cannot exceed 20,000 characters.

I have just sent Jayden an email as he seems to be the only one who responds to email and it is too distressing to talk over the phone as I just get too upset.

Basically I am asking Jayden for help in putting a current PDF on My Account 

My Account is now showing I owe $439.62 by 31st May 2018 which I would have paid on Monday, however the PDFs on my account do now reflect this, I NEED A PDF STATING THAT THIS IS THE AMOUNT I OWE, as I am worried AGL will send me another bill in addition to this one.

* I would like to PAY THIS today as my Mum is lending me the extra money to get this over with as quickly as possible.however I am very concerned that I CANNOT ACCESS ANY PDF that reflects this amount and I am worried I will be charged more later for the same bill as I now know AGL can change the history at any time.

*If I click on    DOWNLOAD PDF BILL  which is suppose to relate to current bill $439.62 by 31st May 2018

THIS LINK OPENS THE 'NEWLY CREATED' ACCOUNT FROM A YEAR AGO 2017 .....

WHEN I CLICK ON THE LINK for 29 Mar to 28 April 2018   31 days  $199.12 [PDF] (found in my bill history)

I get to see a bill showing I owe $839.66..... for 29 Mar 18 to 28 april 2018

PLEASE SEND ME A CURRENT PDF - or better still - have it so I can access it in my bill history - reflecting my current 

amount owing of $439.62 by 31st May 2018 so I can get this awful experience behind me - it is an absolute mess on AGLs part

Highlighted

Semiconductor

SORRY - I HAD A CRUCIAL TYPO IN THE MESSAGE JUST POSTED.....

THIS IS THE CORRECTED MESSAGE....

No this is not resolved & unfortunately this message cannot exceed 20,000 characters.

I have just sent Jayden an email as he seems to be the only one who responds to email and it is too distressing to talk over the phone as I just get too upset.

Basically I am asking Jayden for help in putting a current PDF on My Account 

My Account is now showing I owe $439.62 by 31st May 2018 which I would have paid on Monday, however the PDFs on my account do NOT reflect this, I NEED A PDF STATING THAT THIS IS THE AMOUNT I OWE, as I am worried AGL will send me another bill in addition to this one.

* I would like to PAY THIS today as my Mum is lending me the extra money to get this over with as quickly as possible.however I am very concerned that I CANNOT ACCESS ANY PDF that reflects this amount and I am worried I will be charged more later for the same bill as I now know AGL can change the history at any time.

*If I click on    DOWNLOAD PDF BILL  which is suppose to relate to current bill $439.62 by 31st May 2018

THIS LINK OPENS THE 'NEWLY CREATED' ACCOUNT FROM A YEAR AGO 2017 .....

WHEN I CLICK ON THE LINK for 29 Mar to 28 April 2018   31 days  $199.12 [PDF] (found in my bill history)

I get to see a bill showing I owe $839.66..... for 29 Mar 18 to 28 april 2018

PLEASE SEND ME A CURRENT PDF - or better still - have it so I can access it in my bill history - reflecting my current 

amount owing of $439.62 by 31st May 2018 so I can get this awful experience behind me - it is an absolute mess on AGLs part

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey Meg908,

Thanks for your follow up here!

I've just responded to your email, and I'm keen to help wrap this issue up so that you can put it behind you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.