Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

5 month delay of setting up account, about to be billed for whole period :/

Switched-on

Hello,

I moved house 5 months ago and for some reason my electricity has had difficulty being set up at the new address. My gas was connected fine, but not the electricity. I have followed up on more than one occasion and was told "oh we need to tick a box and it will be all ok". I contacted AGL via chat today and the person followed up thoroughly and was able to get the ball rolling further. In their last statement they said - no bill is going to be generated and to contact the resolution team. I have just finished up with the resolutions team who are now going to be issuing a bill for the past 5 months of electricity (I was hoping for breathing room between the bills). This seems to be conflicting information from staff. I was concerned about getting this type of bill as it's a large bill all at once. Do you think that I have a claim to potentially follow this up when the bill arrives and possibly have even a credit added to the bill as this was not my error and I have been trying to rectify it?

1 REPLY 1

Re: 5 month delay of setting up account, about to be billed for whole period :/

AGL Moderator

Hey rhivenge,

Thanks for joining the AGL Community!

It sounds like we've put you in a pretty difficult position with our billing here, and we'd like to see what we can do to help! We'll ask you to speak to our service team via chat here, have your AGL account number and email address handy, and we'll be sure to help wherever we can.

Cheers,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.