Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

10%

Semiconductor

I dont know how  my 10 % pay on time discount  is calculated,  My bill is $83,87   and my discounted amount if paid  by due date is $82,05   I mean  HELLO   10% of $83,87 is $8.37  Maybe  I'm no good  for maths

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 10%

AGL Moderator

Hey Reneman59,

Thank you for getting in touch! 

Our percentage discounts apply to your usage charges only, not the total of your bill. As a result, if you attempt to calculate your discount using the 'Total due' figure on the front of your bill, your calculations will not balance.

If there is anything else that I can clarify, please get in touch!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

thanks for answered me but  your answer mades the problem even bigger  . I was offer 10 % discount of my bill     and  from $83.87 I have to pay $82.05      ??   I have $ 1.65   discount.    if that is 10%  the total bill should be  $16.50      something is very wrong  or missleading     Im not happy  at all  . I will enquiere  with other sources and then take my decision 

AGL Moderator

Thank you for getting back to us, Reneman59!

Again, your discount only applies to your usage charges. You can find these charges on the second page of your bill, under the heading 'New Charges and Credits'. Your usage charges are typically represented as 'Peak'. These conditions are clearly outlined in our Welcome Pack that we send out at the beginning of every agreement, and we apologise if you feel that there has been a lack of clarity here.

If there is anything else that we can do to help, please get in touch!

Kind regards,

Jayden

Semiconductor

Again   as shown  in this link  compare.electricitywyzard.com.au    says 10 % of usage charges   not  of peak usage charges   this  is misleading    

AGL Moderator

Hey Reneman59,

When looking into the finer points of your agreement with AGL, we'd encourage you to reference information directly from AGL, and not a third party.

You can find out more information about what our discounts do and do not apply to by following this link. You'll note that this clearly states that our discounts apply to usage charges. As noted previously, this information is also included in the Welcome pack that you received when accepting the plan.

Kind regards,

Jayden