AGL Mobile App Feedback and Ideas

Share your ideas for improving the AGL Energy Mobile App

Share your ideas for improving the AGL Energy Mobile App

Poor visual communication

AGL Idea Moderator

Poor visual communication. Have something like the websites account overview as the first page on the app. It has the information you would want to use the app for as a quick reference: account number, bill to date/projection, etc. Then have usage as the second tab. For electricity: those usage graphs are not intuitive, do they display each day as a line?, it starts the bill cycle from the bottom and works up which is not obvious on first glance, it doesn't have a grid line or anything to tell you how much you use each day making the lines pretty much pointless, and finally the bill projection and cost so far are at either end of the graph not together? For the gas: this is actually fine, it has relevant data displayed in a way that's quick and easy to understand. The whole point of the app is for quick access to the data you might need, namely account number, usage and bills. Right now it's just as quick to go through the phones browser making this app pointless.

1 Comment
AGL Idea Moderator
Status changed to: Needs More Info

Hi Joshua, thank you so much for your feedback.  It's really insightful RE how you are expecting to see information.  We're making continuous improvements to the app and i'd love to share more around the experience we are trying to achieve with you through here.  An insight i'd like to share RE the vertical structure of the information is that we are trying to bring the concept of a calendar into usage.  We're really looking to allow our customers to gather insights which into the future might be external influences or insights (weather, price changes, etc) into on a timeline.  I'd love your thoughts on this.