New app dissapointing - missing hourly usage

Seadog
26 Replies 20306 Views

Im wondering why agl has reduced the functionality of the app? Why cant we see our hourly usage so we can identify areas of excessive usage as in the previous app. Seems agl can make more $$ if we can see our usage pattern. Seriously your last app was very good. Now im flying blind and this would certainly cause me to change to someone that can provide this detail.

26 Comments
THL
AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

It was better before the update I’ll now be using the webpage.

Pippa
Switched-on

Totally agree. Disappointed 

CR68
Starter

Not liking the new app . The previous version  was so much better don’t know why it has been completely changed. 

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi Seadog,

Thanks again for your feedback!

Just looping back to confirm that usage in both kWh and hourly units will be rolled out within the next week or so.

Cheers,

Jayden

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
Status changed to: Delivered

Walrus
Starter

I too am very dissappointed with tyhe new app. You cannot seriously tell me you think this new one is better?

I liked the half circle summary we used to have. Im so dissappointed with this new app.....

Please consider rolling back to the older app

johns0
Starter

I agree with the comments. I really like the old app as it provided cost as well as usage.  The hourly usage was also important when trying to track how the electricity was being consumed during the day, especially with summer / winter and heating/air conditioner use.  

MattyY78
AGL Idea Moderator
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Seadog@johns0@Walrus@CR68, just letting you know that we'll soon be sharing more information with you all on the improvements we are making for the hourly usage breakdown and kWh displays.  

I'd love to get more of your thoughts on how we can improve the app.  Are there any areas that you are really struggling with?  Is it mainly that you are wanting more detailed insights into your usage.  I'd be really keen to hear more of your thoughts.

Pful
Starter

Absolutely agree. The new app was designed by a graphic designer with total focus on appearance not functionality.

Bring back the hourly kWhr usage ASAP or I will get you take away my smart meter and go with another provider. What is the point of having a smart meter and treating your customers like idiots?

Seadog
Transformer

Still checking daily, eagerly awaiting the return of of a usable app. This almost reminds me of the 3 month wait for my smart meter install where i fed the street for 3 months and getting no return for an average 35kwh per day i was making.

The consumer is getting so screwed buying at 28c and getting 10.6c for production. Hurry up and give us our tools to maximise our dismal returns.