New app dissapointing - missing hourly usage

Seadog
26 Replies 20330 Views

Im wondering why agl has reduced the functionality of the app? Why cant we see our hourly usage so we can identify areas of excessive usage as in the previous app. Seems agl can make more $$ if we can see our usage pattern. Seriously your last app was very good. Now im flying blind and this would certainly cause me to change to someone that can provide this detail.

26 Comments
Ddvs
Starter

Don't like New app. Where's the agl rewards now?

Seadog
Transformer

Lol. Normally they read the posts and someone will respond. Not sure why they changed the last app i thought it was excellent. Took me near 3 months to get a smart meter up grade when i first joined up which agl done pretty well out of as i couldnt feed the street  my average 30kwh a day in the summer. If you know your hourly usage which they done have on tbe new app you can target single appliance and help save this planet! Anyway its a big market place.

MattyY78
AGL Idea Moderator
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Seadog@Ddvs, thanks for this feedback and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

@Seadog our dev team are currently building the hourly usage into the app so you can expect this soon.  You mentioned above that you are using it to monitor excessive usage.  Can I ask what the reaction is to excessive usage?  I ask because maybe we could introduce other functionality which may be able to more easily assist you.

@Ddvs rewards is on our backlog.  What ideally would you be looking through the rewards integration?  Just the ability to keep an eye on your rewards or more than that?

THL
AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

The new agl app is worse that useless, bring back the old app. Poor display of information, no ability to look at old bills, no display of days remaining of billing period and the colour palette is not so good!

Seadog
Transformer

I second all that.

Nzpixi
Starter

Totally agree, dislike this app, I want to know see my kw usage at different times.  I don’t want the aggregated bollocks of a $$ amount as that is meaningless when trying to reduce usage with time of use rates and meters.  Agl revert back to the old app it was better than this! May have to ditch out on this and revert to using my efergy meter reader instead 

Saxasalt
Starter

I strongly agree. Bring back the previous version. 

Rob1
Starter

Old app had much greater functionality,  particularly hourly usage. 

AGL, why release a new app if the developers haven't finished even the existing features? You usually release a new app to add features not take them away! 

jo1
Sparky

Wholeheartedly agree with dislikes shared above of the new app.  Why release when it can't meet the needs of the old app.  Very frustrating AGL.

THL
AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

The previous app was on the right track and this new version has moved further away from functional. Where is my account number ? Why can we not see monthly figures as no one really cares to look at this stuff daily or weekly !!!!! If it’s all there then it’s still a problem for the app if can’t therefore be navigated !!