AGL app issue

RhysT
Conductor
10 Replies 20603 Views

App Electricity Usage- on app is not available at all.I have had multiple complaints to do with the website version(since early 2018) that since they got rid of "agl IQ" lost ability to see detail electricity usage (day, time period etc etc). When I saw that the app was going to be able to give more usage info, thought ok see what that shows, but to date it shows absolutely nothing (not even just high level billing period summary) . The error is always  "Once complete , data for your first usage will appear"

Will this ever been resolved. so ridiculous with the redesign, bring back the old AGL IQ display,  Can't get breakdown like you use to from APP or website. From what I gather if you have solar you get the breakdown info , otherwise you don't.

11 REPLIES 11
RhysT
Conductor
0 Replies 18578 Views

App Electricity Usage- on app is not available at all.I have had multiple complaints to do with the website version(since early 2018) that since they got rid of "agl IQ" lost ability to see detail electricity usage (day, time period etc etc). When I saw that the app was going to be able to give more usage info, thought ok see what that shows, but to date it shows absolutely nothing (not even just high level billing period summary) . The error is always  "Once complete , data for your first usage will appear"

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 18357 Views
In either the APP or the WEB page the data should be listed in the USAGE section. I have solar and Current Usage (Blue background shows +$72 credit and at the bottom of that chart shows that I have used 351Kw and generated 1450 Kw). If you scroll down you will see you last bill with a white background. If your app shows a debit ----- divide the amount by 90 --- say the amount is $521 --- 521/90 = $5.80 a day ---- then multiply that amount by 14 (a fortnight) to get 5.8 * 14 = $81. ---- THEN EVERY PAYDAY pay $81 off your electricity bill.... Cheers Neil
Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 17469 Views

Rhys?,

I presume that you do not have a smart meter,

Without having a Smart Meter it is next to impossible to GUESS your electricity usage.

Even if I had your bills for the last few years I would not even try to work out averages for you.

In this Covid times you could be working from home, your children doing home schooling etc etc.

I have only been with AGL for 16 Months and have always had a smart meter so I can see my usage on the the AGL web with about a two day delay. From my supplier (SA Power Networks) I can see the last days usage/generation after about 4am. For instance yesterday (15th Aug 20) I used 3.871 kW and exported 12.473 kW.

In this new billing period, I have exported 311 kW and used 91.603 kW over the 21 days so far.

If you don't have a smart meter it is not that hard to read your own meter to roughly calculate your usage.

If you don't have a smart meter you may want to contact AGL (on the phone) and ask when you are due for the meter upgrade.

If you do have a smart meter you will need to contact AGL (on the phone) and ask why your data is not showing.

If you are are unsure if you have a Smart Meter your bill should be able to help you.

In your Electricity Supply Details there is a section that tells you when you next meter read is due which states something like below.

"These reference reads are a guide only and may not reflect the total energy consumption for this
billing period. Your next meter read is due between 25 Jul 2020. Please ensure easy access to your
meter on these days."

Above is what you get if you have a smart meter, if you don't have a smart meter then you will get a date range rather than an explicit date.

Hope this all helps

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
RhysT
Conductor
0 Replies 17467 Views

hi Neilc .I do have a smart meter. Data gets downloaded every bill read (2-3 months) So it is a little behind and it was in 1/2 hr blocks   back in the day of  AGL IQ use to get very detailed data(examples below) could break it down all sorts of ways. which in a nutshell when they got rid of IQ, so went access to the data. First they told me it was IT issue and would get resolved...nope never has. The top picture is all have access to (other than an estimate of current period) you cant even click on a month and get more detail. and at the top there is no "download" button"\AGL IQ-3.JPG

AlosAGL IQ-2.JPGAGL IQ-1.JPG

RhysT
Conductor
0 Replies 17466 Views

BTW i have complained to AGL to the enth degree

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 17460 Views

Hi Rhys,

YOU DO NOT HAVE A SMART METER.

With a Smart Meter data gets downloaded every day,

YOU CANNOT USE EXACTLY THE SAME POWER EVERY DAY.

I suggest that you message @David_AGL  and see what he can do for you.

I asked the question about your bill and the READ date? Which you did not answer!

A DIGITAL meter is not necessarily a Smart Meter.

Meters are read every 90 or so days either by a Meter Reader or a bill is produced on the APPOINTED day using a Smart Meter.

Meter Readers can read your meter one week early or one week late.

Now if you ring AGL and talk to the Help Desk you are more than likely talking to a person OVERSEAS. If you do not explain yourself correctly, they will probably not understand and may just appease you in an answer in the hope that you get your next bill or that you will not get them on your next call.

I also see that above you have a projection up to the 28th August. Now that is some TWELVE days into the future, which means that you are showing something from LAST YEAR and NOT THIS YEAR.

If you are phoning AGL and using this a DATA then its no wonder that you are not making any HEADWAY into your issue.

I will still state YOU DO NOT HAVE A SMART METER.

Please contact @David_AGL (you should be able to click on that link) and start a message with him.

Cheers

Neil

PS @David_AGL can you help on this???

PPS:

I am not an employee of AGL. Just an interested member of the AGL community that tries and helps other members like you.

Cheers Neil

RhysT
Conductor
0 Replies 17458 Views

Hi @NeilC,

firstly yes My 1st screenshot above is all I have access to now yes its in the past not future , The AGL IQ screenshots are just examples of what it use to be like, AGL IQ is not around anymore.

Digital or smart meter (I had in the past been told  a few times I had smart meter(meter was replaced a few years ago), but based on what your saying maybe its just Digital. It is a date range anything from couple days to a week that appears on bill as to the next meter read) as I stated data is read every 2-3 months and when IQ was around the 2-3 months of past data was added to the view and you could also download raw data as well given in 1/2 hour increments. When IQ stopped I no longer had access to any online view or any level of download. I'm always told you should have access, see data  etc, but no that is not the case. Beyond me why AGL IQ was dropped.

Also I have spoken many at time to the local resolutions team and some other department(can't recall what it's called) and had a couple times made official complaints(including one I did earlier today) 

Thanks for the contact re David. 

In the meantime I'm going to put in a metering data request and see what comes of that. I think I saw a post where you had written some program to present the data?

cheers 

Rhys

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 17446 Views

Rhys,

Without a smart meter you cannot get a metering data request (they use your smart meter data).

I cannot help you as I am just a user like you.

I can do analysis of your data for you but you need to have it to send to me.

Have you moved address recently? (Last year or so?)

Can you go out and look at your meter and give the make and model.

( Put it into your search engine and see if it is a Smart Meter).

Sorry not much more I can do unless you happen to live in SA and live in the furthest Northern Suburb.

You can contact David as I have said.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

RhysT
Conductor
0 Replies 17437 Views

@NeilC No haven't moved address. In Apartment The cupboard that houses electrical meters is locked (You use to have access to it) so I can't go check. Gas meter cupboard is accessible but electricity isn't anymore.