AGL App and Online Services

How is my projected bill calculated after completing my own meter read?

No ratings
3 weeks ago

This article applies to you if you've performed your own meter read. If you have a smart meter, refer to How is my projected electricity bill calculated?

You may be able to view a projection of your next bill after completing a meter read.

Remember, your bill projection is an estimate only. Your actual bill may be different.

1. We estimate your average daily charges based on your read provided for the billing period and will still take into account the factors like seasonality, similar home usage, usage from previous periods etc.
  2. We multiply this figure by the total number of days in the billing period.

This projection takes into account usage charges, supply charges and one-off credits. It may also include solar, demand and green charges if applicable. All charges displayed includes GST. The projection excludes any pay-on-time discounts, merchant fees and miscellaneous adjustments.

Since your last bill, you’ve used tells you the cost of your energy consumption up to this point in your billing period. It includes supply charges, usage charges and one-off credits. It may also include solar, demand and green charges if applicable. All charges displayed includes GST. Pay-on-time discounts, merchant fees and miscellaneous adjustments are excluded.

However, please note that the bill projection and since your last bill, you’ve used does not include any credit we may apply if your meter read is lower than expected. That credit will be applied in your Account Balance and will be applied to your next bill unless otherwise refunded.

Download or view the projected bill details in My Account or the AGL Energy App.

For more information on GST, refer to Do fees and charges include GST?

Was this article helpful?

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
3 weeks ago
Updated by: