How do I know my target?

Bullant
Conductor
2 Replies 1217 Views

Just got an SMS for my first Peak Rewards Event.

Earn $5 in credits for importing 2.4kWh less from the grid.

Less than what?

Not sure if it is worth the effort if I don't know what I am trying to achieve.

Would be much more user friendly if it said "Import less than xx kWh during this period".

4 REPLIES 4
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1214 Views

Hi @Bullant . The target is based on your historical usage, so it's 2.4kWh less than your typical usage during the peak period. 

AGL uses a formula based on your typical usage history to forecast how much energy you would normally have used during peak events. After this number is normalised for variables such as weather, time and day, AGL then subtracts your actual usage to determine how much energy you saved.

Are you a solar user? I don't have solar, and when I've received Peak Energy Rewards SMS in the past, they've generally expressed the target as a percentage reduction - ie use 10% less energy during the peak period.

Bullant
Conductor
1 Reply 1210 Views

Hi David,

Yes I have solar. It would be nice if AGL could tell me what the target is that I need to beat, i.e. use less than x kWh, otherwise how do I know if I even have a chance of meeting the goal if I don't know what the goal is?

Origin do this much better with their Spike Hours, where they specifically say, you have to use less than x kWh in the period.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1207 Views

Thanks for that feedback. I'll pass that along to the PER team - hopefully there's an opportunity to make this clearer.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1125 Views

Just confirming that I've been in touch with the Peak Energy Rewards team and they're aware of the frustrations around this for solar users. We'll be working to improve communication around these targets - stay tuned.